Share this post:
There is a place in Northern Kentucky that is a favorite discount shopping destination of mine.
It is not for the faint of heart.
In fact, my husband does not like going there. This is not the type of store that you can shop quickly at, which means it’s not fun with kids.
That place is the Gap Clearance Center in Hebron, Kentucky…..and you can’t beat the deals!
Gap Clearance Store vs. Gap Outlet
There is a big difference between the Gap Clearance store and a “Gap Outlet” that you see at the big outlet malls. The Gap Clearance center is kind of like the land of misfit clothes and accessories and anything in between.
I called to double-check if there were any other Gap clearance center stores in the US and found out that this is the only one in the world!
The Brands at the Gap Clearance Center
They carry clothes from Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Athleta, Ralph Lauren, shoes from Piperlime, and several more higher-end brands at random.
- Many of the items at the Gap Clearance Center were either a return, damaged, overstock or clearance.
- Once you buy it- you can’t return it…so make sure that you love it or you are confident that you can fix it.
- Don’t shop hungry (you’ll give up sooner) and go to the bathroom when you first arrive so that you don’t have to hold your items up at the front.
- Grab a shopping cart at the front as soon as you walk in the door. You can also grab a bag but sometimes the bag is awkward to carry with the hangers inside.
- If you can put on garage sale mentality goggles, you can walk out the door with amazing deals and savings of hundreds of dollars. Try to keep perspective on the pricing and remember how much a generic shirt is at Target or Walmart for comparison.
- Check out the perimeters first. I like to start with the shoes toward the back left section of the store because those items are more limited.
- Athleta is near the front right side where you walk in. Kids’ clothes are on the right side toward the middle and in the back. Men’s clothes are on the left side of the store. Women’s Jeans and pants are toward the front of the store in front of the cashiers. Maternity clothes are near the kid section.
- Check the signs for additional sales and double-check the specific brands that are on sale on the signs. You can even call ahead and ask what the sales are that week.
- ALWAYS ask the cashier to tell you the price while they are ringing up your items.
Dressing Room Tips at the Gap Clearance Center
- Try on EVERYTHING! This includes trying on both shoes. Take it from the girl who bought a pair of boots with a busted zipper.
- There is NO LIMIT to what you can bring in your dressing room. You can drop off your items from your cart and then leave your cart outside the dressing area.
- DO NOT LEAVE WHAT YOU WANT TO KEEP IN THE CART OUTSIDE THE DRESSING ROOM! Your items could be put away or someone else might take them from your cart if it is left unattended.
- You don’t need to hang up what you are going to keep.
- Many items are irregular so you may be able to go up or down a size. You also need to check for holes, stains, and non-working zippers.
- Check sections that are not your size because sometimes items are put back in the wrong section or its irregular and larger or smaller than the label says.
- If one person in your family tends to take longer, who doesn’t like to feel rushed…and the rest of your family doesn’t …..but you still want the deals…drive separately if you are a local. Trust me from experience on this.
The Shopping Experience
It can feel overwhelming when you visit the Gap Clearance Center for the first time.
There is ALOT to take in there.
I’d suggest working through the store section by section. I’ve always found great deals on just about everything, especially shoes.
You might even see some professional shoppers with multiple shopping carts who make a living off of what they resale online from their shopping trips there.
The jeans are typically priced at $9.99 or less which you can’t beat, especially for the Banana Republic jeans. This is a great place to get maternity clothes too.
I have seen some of the exact same brands and styles that I bought there for $50-$70 more online.
I love it when I find an item in perfect condition with the price tags still on that shows what a great deal I got.
If you like a store that is color-coordinated and merchandised with ease, keep on driving…. this is not the store for you.
The workers do there best to have everything placed by category and size but the sheer volume can make it difficult to keep up with if it’s super busy that day.
The emotions of people who have had a shopping experience at the Gap Clearance Center are either LOVE or HATE.
If you love the thrill of the hunt of thrift store shopping with all name brand clothes, this is the place where all of your mega discount dreams can come true.
The Gap Factory Clearance Center is not far from the Cincinnati Airport (which is also located in Northern Kentucky.)
2050 Global Way, Hebron, KY 41048
The best stores in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky for bargain shoppers for clothing, furniture, decor, and more! Tips for shopping at Bargains and Buyouts in Cincinnati. Tips for shopping at Dillard's Clearance Center.
The Best Places to Shop for Deals in Cincinnati
How to make the most of your first visit to Bargains and Buyouts
Why you should check out the Dillard's Clearance Center
The best stores in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky for bargain shoppers for clothing, furniture, decor, and more!
Tips for shopping at Bargains and Buyouts in Cincinnati.
Tips for shopping at Dillard's Clearance Center.
Share this post:
Previous Post: « Why you need to check out the 1st Cincinnati Style Vegetarian Chili on the Cincinnati Chili Trail
Next Post: What You Need to Know About Snow Banks at The Banks »
My favorite place on the planet! I feel like I have won the lottery every time I shop there. IMO, it is the tri-state area’s crowning glory!
Hi, I remember that on July 4th they had 50% off on all merchandise. Does anyone know if they still do that sale on July 4th ? And if there are other days they do that ?
I stopped going because of the resellers also. Just went back a few weeks ago but avoided the morning because it’s so aggravating.
Gap management need to limit the vultures driving Lexus who buy 90 of the same thing just to resell it. Yes I’m taking to you ladies! They ruined it for everyone else who loves a good bargain.
It was a special mailer several years ago. I know that there are some perks if you have a Gap Credit card.(They always offer a discount when you check out if you sign up for the credit card)
You said you used a 30% off coupon… where can I get coupons to use there? I didnt know they accepted coupons.
Weekends tend to be the most picked over. It can be hit or miss but if you are committed to the thrill of the hunt you should be able to find something. I like to call ahead and find out what sales they have going on that week too.
Any idea which day of the week is best to go so you have a non-picked over assortment?
It’s still one of my all time favs too! I have to limit my visits and pray that half of it doesn’t fit in the dressing room;)
Just a note to say this place is still great! I find my way here only once a year when visiting a relative who lives nearby, and sometimes we don’t have great luck. Not this time though – it was amazing! My favorite was that the Athleta tankini separates we all $0.99! That was the big steal and did I ever take advantage. Also black dresses any brand were $9.99 and black Athleta pants were $9.99. We (family of 5) spent nearly $300 for amazing stuff. I love this place!
It’s one of my top places to shop.
I visited this a few years ago and found my all time favorite bikini bottoms for just a few dollars. It was a fun adventure!
Gap clearance center is changing from clearance to a regular Gap because you cant find the good deals any more. they sell damage cashmere sweater for $59.99 that has a big cut or a big hole hard to fix. Jackets for $399 which I can buy online for the same price. it is not a good place to shop anymore. they priced every thing up that it is not worth to buy.
isn’t it closing soon?
I heard that rumor a few months ago and called that night. They said the Clearance Center isn’t closing. I went today and there was no sign of that either.
I was just there on Friday and found incredible deals! I bought a nice $100 Banana Republic dress for $20! I also got two sweatshirts, several T-shirts, two pairs of pajama bottoms and 2 packs of athletic socks. I spent $60 total!! The Gallery, which is a candy and gift outlet store, is just down the street from the Gap Clearance Center. I always make a point to stop there as well. https://www.galeriecandy.com/
I am going to check this out in a few weeks when I am in northern KY!!! Can’t wait!!! What a great place.
THANK YOU for sharing this post! 🙂 I am going to share it with all my Michigan friends who never understand what I’m talking about when I say I’m wearing Banana Republic jeans that cost me $6.99! We’re making a quick trip to KY this weekend and you better bet this store will be on our list of places to visit.
[…] retailers (like Gap) even have full clearance stores dedicated to offloading their excess inventory at wholesale […]
[…] usually pretty loyal to the Gap Clearance Center in Hebron but the Dillard’s Clearance Center could be a close second or eventual […]
[…] to my friend Nedra from AdventureMomBlog for sharing this fun Gap Clearance Store […]